nymar in greece
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2019
11:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
This seminar and luncheon is our first industry event in Greece to promote the role of New York as a hub for the global maritime community and to highlight the New York region as a good place for business and as an established financial and commercial service provider.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This informative seminar will be valuable to all maritime industry professionals, including, but not limited to, shipowners, vessel operators, ship brokers, oil and chemical companies, insurers, arbitrators and attorneys.
Complimentary admission to all
Piraeus Marine Club
Akti Miaouli 51
Piraeus, Greece 185 36
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
• Taxation of companies and assets in New York
• Specific aspects of arbitration in New York
• Preparation of commercial documentary forms
• Why New York matters
• Doing business in the New York area
• The transactional environment in New York and in Greece
• Maritime Litigation in the United States
• Project Financing and accessing debt capital
• Greg Chase, Partner, Reed Smith LLP
• Jim Cofer, Partner, Seward & Kissel LLP
• Brian Devine, Head of Transport, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
• John Kimball, Partner and Co-Chair, Maritime and International Trade Practice Group, Blank Rome LLP
• George Pierot, Broker, Jacq Pierot Jr. & Sons, Inc.
• Peter Skoufalos, Partner, Brown Gavalas & Fromm LLP
• John Stratakis, Partner, Poles, Tublin, Stratakis & Gonzalez, LLP
• George Tsavliris, Principal, Tsavliris Salvage Group
• George Tsimis, Director, GJT Marine Consultants LLC
• Christa Volpicelli, Managing Director, Global Transportation Group, Citigroup